December 5, 2011 | Uncategorized
Friday, November 18th 2011
GSW had an amazing and powerful day at Fordham University
- Traveled onto the Fordham campus together – what a beautiful place!
- Met with Dr Mark Naison in the African History Project Seminar Room and learned about his work, his involvement in the Bronx Berlin Connection and heard the story about how he landed on the Dave ChappelleShow! Dr Naison kindly provided delicious pastries and pizza.
- We then met with MC Farbeon (Fabian Farbeon Saucedo) of the Hip Hop Re:Education project for introductions to his work and experiences as well more details about the Hip Hop Re:Ed program
- Then we headed down to the second floor to attend Dr N’s “History from Rock n Roll to Hip Hop” class where Farbeon shared his teaching, knowledge and talents with the Fordham students and CP was in the house!
- The last few hours of the day were spent back in the seminar room where GSW’s first official Writing Workshop took place. Everyone was sort of timid at first, but after hearing work from other students, playing some warm up games and exploring beats and time signatures, the GSW students shared their skills and talents and learned some key techniques of making music.
It was a truly incredible day! GSW students revealed some serious skills: writers, rappers, poets, artists, beat-boxers, dancers, activists, leaders…..
GET READY: The CUNY Prep Album is in the works……release date TBD!