CUNY Prep CTA Students Visit Baruch

December 20, 2011 | CUNY Visits

Students in CUNY Prep’s College Transition Academy got a chance to sample life on campus at Baruch College on .  The group got a special tour of the school’s facilities, with Baruch’s Director of College Now Tony Davis.

“College admissions are getting more and more competitive,” Davis told the group.  “Take advantage of all of the support and resources you have around you, work hard and put yourself in a position to succeed.”

“The first moment I walked in, it was a little intimidating, but really impressive,” says CTA student Angelica Chapparo.  “I was surprised how diverse the campus was and I loved all of the student activities going on in the lobby.  I could really see myself here.”

After they pass their classes in the Day School and are successful on the GED, CUNY Prep’s CTA is designed to help prepare students to enter college.  Trips to college campuses are an important part of that experience.

“We think it is essential for our students to get out and see college life in action so they can truly envision themselves as college students,” says Jamal Mantin, Assistant Director of College Support.

CUNY Prep students will have opportunities to visit additional college campuses next semester.