Statement by President Regina Peruggi

February 1, 2008 | Kingsborough Community College

It is with great pleasure that I announce the beginning of Kings-borough’s celebration of Black History Month. I ask you to join me in celebrating the African-American community and African-American leaders who dedicated their lives to the advancement of freedom and equality in our nation when freedom and equality were only a distant dream.
We will highlight the heroic contributions of those pioneering leaders as well as distinguished leaders of today in the pages of our book of tributes, which will be offered daily.
I ask also that you support the two events scheduled in celebration of Black history month. On Tuesday, February 5, at 12:30 p.m., in the cafeteria, several of our students will salute Black History Month by rendering a variety of gospel musical selections.
On Thursday, February 28, at 2 p.m., in Room V214, D. Ekow King will perform “African Stories: Traveling the World in Words” followed by Nigerian drumming performed by Kingsborough students. This event is co-sponsored by the Pan African Student Association.
Please support and enjoy our month-long celebration.