Chancellor Joel I. Klein, New York City Department Of Education, To Be The Featured Speaker At The York College Executive Leadership Breakfast

February 23, 2010 | York College

York College President Marcia V. Keizs will welcome Chancellor Joel I. Klein, New York City Department of Education, to the campus as the featured speaker at the York College Executive Leadership Breakfast. The program will be “A Conversation with Chancellor Joel I. Klein.” The Chancellor oversees over 1,600 schools with 1.1 million students, 136,000 employees, and a $21-billion operating budget.
When Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg appointed Klein, a graduate of New York City public schools, as the first Chancellor of the newly-reorganized Department of Education, he called the new Chancellor “a true leader who never shies away from the tough and sometimes controversial decisions that are necessary to implement change.”
Free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served.

WHEN:
Friday, February 26, 2010
8:00 – 9:30 a.m.

WHERE:
York College Faculty Dining Room
Academic Core Building
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
Jamaica, Queens 11451

York College, a senior college of The City University of New York (CUNY), offers baccalaureate degrees in the liberal arts and sciences, accounting and business, communications technology, computer science, social work, teacher education, various health professions and aviation management. York College is the only CUNY senior college offering majors in gerontology, biotechnology, information systems management and a BS/MS degree in occupational therapy. For more information: http://www.york.cuny.edu