December 20, 2010 | College of Staten Island
In these difficult economic times, contributions to The CUNY Campaign for Charitable Giving are needed now more than ever.
The CUNY Campaign provides desperately needed assistance for the homeless, home-bound senior citizens, teens who are struggling to complete high school, and others who are facing economic and social challenges.
Imagine what can be accomplished when we work together…
Transform the life a CSI student
CSI students’ lives are also positively affected by The CUNY Campaign through contributions that are designated for the CSI Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides crucial funding for scholarships. Just select code 1618 on your Pledge Form.
It’s easy, convenient, and a little goes a long way
Contributions can be automatically deducted from your salary and documented on your pay stub. What does your support provide?
- $4 per biweekly pay period will buy health after-school snacks for ten children or bread for a year at a soup kitchen.
- $6 per biweekly pay period will pay for three months of prescription medication for an uninsured working person or 21 meals per year for elderly people who cannot leave their homes.
Think about it….
- Give up just one deluxe hamburger a month, your monthly payroll contribution of $4.00 = an annual gift of $48
- If you give up one coffee and one donut a week, your monthly payroll contribution of $12.00 = an annual gift of $144
- If you simply give up one soft drink per work day, your monthly payroll contribution of $30.00 = an annual gift of $360.
The CUNY Campaign has more than 1,200 charities participating. You may choose to support the CSI Foundation as one of the four charities of your choice available through CUNY Campaign payroll deduction. Other organizations and programs that touch our lives on a regular basis, such as daycare centers, senior citizens centers, and after-school activities, also benefit from the support of The CUNY Campaign.
Barbara Eshoo, CSI Vice President for Institutional Advancement and External Affairs, is the Campaign coordinator for the CSI campaign for this year. All members of the College community are encouraged to review the CUNY Campaign brochure and are encouraged to make the most generous gift that they can afford.
If you have questions about the campaign or completing the form, please contact Susan Been in the Office of Institutional Advancement at 718.982.2365. Completed Pledge Forms can be returned to Susan in Building 1A, Room 401, or you may call the Advancement Office and request to have your completed form picked up. Contributions are tax deductible in accordance with law.
Last year, members of the College community contributed $12,539 to The CUNY Campaign to bring some joy to the lives of those who are less fortunate.