The CUNY School of Professional Studies is delighted to announce that its new online Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology program is now accepting applications for the Fall 2011 semester.
Using state-of-the-art technology, the Online B.A. in Sociology prepares students for professional success and personal growth in a rapidly changing world. The degree’s core sociological curriculum, enriched by topical electives relevant to the empirical study of groups, organizations and societies in the contemporary globalizing world, prepares students for jobs and graduate studies in urban planning, organizational analysis, marketing, law and law enforcement, public policy, education, cultural audience analysis and opinion research, and for administrative positions in nonprofit and profit organizations. Graduates of the program will demonstrate proficiency in:
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods skills;
- Communication and writing skills;
- Critical thinking skills that facilitate discernment of facts from opinion and theory from ideology;
- Analytic skills that can be applied to societal, organization, and group issues and problems;
- Development of a global perspective through knowledge and understanding of different socio-cultural groups; and,
- Methodical and systematic strategies for comparative analysis of interactions and groups across a variety of historical and cultural perspectives.
For further information or to apply, please visit www.sps.cuny.edu/online.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (SPS) serves New York City’s dynamic marketplace by providing timely, innovative and high-quality programs of study designed to address new or unmet needs. Drawing on CUNY’s nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, SPS offers a wide range of graduate and undergraduate programs, including CUNY’s first fully online degree programs.