City Tech Presents Comic Ballet ‘I ♥ BOB’

March 16, 2012 | New York City College of Technology

Brooklyn, NY —  Slapstick comedy and fast-paced action will engage audiences at “I ♥ BOB — The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Guy,” a full-length comic ballet being staged by Drama Desk Award-nominated Parallel Exit on Thursday and Friday, March 22 and 23, 7:30 p.m., and on Saturday, March 24, 2 p.m., at New York City College of Technology, Voorhees Theatre, 186 Jay Street, Downtown Brooklyn. Ticket prices are $6 for students and $10 for general admission. For more information, contact City Tech Entertainment Technology Department’s Sue Brandt at 718.20.5588.

Inspired by the films City Lights and An American In Paris, New York City’s Drama Desk-nominated I ♥ BOB’ follows the story of two desperately lonely characters attempting to connect amidst the speed and chaos of 21st century New York.  Created by director Mark Lonergan, choreographer Ray Hesselink and composer Wayne Barker, the production features a live original score.

“Parallel Exit creates physical theatre inspired by the films of Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin. The goal is to create moments of simple magic for audiences of all ages,” says Parallel Exit’s Lonergan, “Our work has been presented in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia, to great critical acclaim.”

The company is a two-time Drama Desk nominee for Unique Theatrical Experience and received a “Spirit of the Fringe” award from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. In New York City, Parallel Exit’s work has appeared at The New Victory Theater, The Lincoln Center Institute, The Guggenheim Museum, 59E59 Theaters, Symphony Space and PS 122. Its programs are supported, in part, by public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.

New York City College of Technology (City Tech) of The City University of New York (CUNY) is the largest public college of technology in New York State. Located at 300 Jay Street in Downtown Brooklyn, the College enrolls more than 16,000 students in 62 baccalaureate, associate and specialized certificate programs. An additional 16,000 students annually enroll in continuing education and workforce development programs.