CUNY Chancellor Matthew Goldstein to Step Down This Summer

April 15, 2013 | Borough of Manhattan Community College

Chancellor Matthew Goldstein announced today in a message to the CUNY community that he intends to step down as Chancellor this summer.

Dr. Goldstein stated: “Serving this exceptional university alongside so many extraordinary colleagues has been the greatest privilege of my professional life. I am deeply grateful to the trustees, members of the chancellery, presidents, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends, who, every day, work so diligently to support and fulfill CUNY’s historic mission. As the first CUNY graduate to lead the University (City College, Class of 1963), I take enormous pride in what we have accomplished, together, to ensure an unparalleled educational experience for every CUNY student.”

A distinguished mathematician and a highly regarded administrator, Matthew Goldstein was appointed Chancellor of The City University of New York in 1999, which today comprises 24 colleges and professional schools throughout New York City. He was previously president of Baruch College/CUNY, president of the CUNY Research Foundation and president of Adelphi University.