Ramsey Lewis to Perform at Aaron Davis Hall June 14

May 9, 2013 | City College

Composer, pianist and jazz legend Ramsey Lewis and his Electric Band will perform at The City College of New York’s Aaron Davis Hall for the first time in a special Father’s Day Weekend Celebration 7 p.m. Friday, June 14. Jazz greats Henry Johnson (guitar), Joshua Ramos (bass) and Charles Heath (drums) will join Ramsey in this extraordinary concert.

“A Father’s Day Weekend Celebration with Ramsey Lewis” will take place at Aaron Davis Hall, West 135th Street and Convent Avenue on The City College campus. Tickets are: $30 and $40 (reserved seating). For more information and ticket sales visit: www.adhatccny.org or call Aaron Davis Hall Box office at 212.650.6900.

“We all know Harlem is so important to the world of jazz and to perform in Harlem at Aaron Davis Hall is a true delight,” states Mr. Lewis. “Just in time for the first days of summer and Father’s Day.”

“Ramsey Lewis is a class act and I’m so happy he will perform at Aaron Davis Hall,” states Aaron Davis Hall Managing Director Gregory Shanck. “We’ve had world legends on our stage and this is one more creative giant I’m so proud to have perform at Aaron Davis Hall.”

About Ramsey Lewis
A three-time Grammy Award winner, holder of seven gold records and father of seven, Ramsey Lewis has been wooing audiences since the tender age of 21. Lewis, one of the nation’s most successful jazz pianists has topped the charts with “The In Crowd,” “Hang On Sloopy” and “Wade In The Water.”

Often called legendary, Mr. Lewis concedes “It’s a high honor when someone says so, but I don’t see myself that way. What keeps me enthusiastic and energizes me is the realization that the more I learn, the more I find there is to know.”

He received the 2006 Stellar Award for Best Gospel Instrumental Album for “With One Voice.” He also received the National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Masters Award in 2007. His latest album, “Ramsey, Taking Another Look,” was released in 2011.

A Father’s Day Weekend Celebration with Ramsey Lewis
Featuring: Ramsey Lewis & The Electric Band
With Henry Johnson (guitar), Joshua Ramos (bass) and Charles Heath (drums)

Friday, June 14, 2013
7 p.m.∙ Showtime
6:30 p.m. ∙ Doors Open

Tickets
Price: $30 and $40 (reserved seating)
Visit: www.adhatccny.org
Call: 212.650.6900

Aaron Davis Hall
West 135th Street & Convent Avenue
On the campus of The City College of New York
New York, NY 10031

Directions: 
Bus: M11, M18, M100 or M101 to 135th Street
Subway: 1 to 137th Street; A, B, C or D to 145th Street
Driving: Free parking at West 133rd Street & Convent Avenue or parking on the street

About The City College of New York’s Aaron Davis Hall
The City College of New York’s Aaron Davis Hall (ADH) hosts an ambitious, year-round calendar of events, most of which are open to the public. The stunning architecture houses an innovative two-theatre performing arts complex that presents public performances and exhibitions by students as well as professional artists, and serves as the cultural hub of Upper Manhattan and Harlem. ADH is the only cultural facility of its kind between Lincoln Center and uptown Manhattan and is used by groups like Carnegie Hall, Dance Theatre of Harlem, Ballet Hispanico, Harlem School of the Arts and so many other community-based and nationally recognized organizations.

« BACK TO NEWS

Media Contact

Ellis Simon
p: 212.650.6460
e: esimon@ccny.cuny.edu