[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC1gM_eRmgA[/youtube]The 2013 Class Gift Committee seeks to endow The Class of 2013 Legacy Scholarship, an endowed scholarship that will remain in perpetuity, long after the graduates leave campus in celebration of the College’s 37th Annual Commencement ceremony.
It’s an ambitious goal that requires raising $25,000, and is a unique opportunity to leave a legacy by giving back to the next generation of CSI undergraduates. The suggested donation is $20.13, in honor of the graduation year, to help students long into the future.
“That goal is possible if each graduating student pays it forward with a donation,” notes Noorelhoda Mahmoud, one of two student speaker at this year’s Verrazano Honors Schools and a founding member of the 2013 Class Gift Committee. “Every gift is a vote of confidence and support to the value of a CSI education and degree. Establishing this scholarship will set a new precedent for a Class Gift, with the Class of 2013 leading the way and raising the bar.”
Kubra Shirazi, another Verrazano School student added “I want to be involved with raising funds for the class gift because I have received so many opportunities through different sources in the college. I also plan to continue funding for the scholarship fund after I graduate.”
Class gifts from 2011 and 2012 include much-needed benches along Alumni Walk. This year, for a truly unique graduation gift, family, friends, faculty, and staff are encouraged to donate as a way of honoring the 2013 graduation. All donors will be entered into a raffle to win four tickets to a New York Yankees game in September.
There are three ways to donate:
- Online: www.csi.cuny.edu/foundation click on “Make Your Gift Online Now,” and select “2013 Class Gift” from the drop-down menu.
- In person: Visit the Class Gift Table during Cap & Gown Distribution on May 21 and 23 in the Campus Center.
- By Mail: Send a check or money order payable to: The CSI Foundation, 2800 Victory Boulevard, Building 1A, Room 401, Staten Island, NY 10314
For further information, please contact Jennifer Lynch in the Office of Institutional Advancement and External Affairs at 718-982-2293.
Members of the 2013 Class Gift Committee:
- Michael Allamby, Chairperson and Student Govt. President
- Christopher Bitetto, Verrazano School and WSIA Sports Director
- Norelhoda Mahmoud, Verrazano School
- Michael Trimble, Verrazano School
- Kubra Shirazi, Verrazano School and Student Athlete
- Michael Cicero, Verrazano School
- Matt DiRusso, Student Government