Student Standout

July 29, 2013 | Borough of Manhattan Community College

Student Standout

Last semester, BMCC student Lindsay Wengler was named to the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) All-State Academic Team. For the All-State application, she wrote an essay about an eating disorder support group she started in Manhattan while attending BMCC.

Currently living in San Francisco, Wengler is studying to be a dietician and took pre-requisite science courses during her time at BMCC, where she maintained a 4.0 GPA.

“I advise students to take advantage of everything BMCC has to offer, such as intro courses,” advises Wengler, who enrolled at BMCC after graduating from Evergreen State College.

“It was a great place for me to take the science and math courses I needed to follow my dream of helping others.”

Phi Theta Kappa students nominated to the national All-USA Community College Academic Team/Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team are automatically named to the All-State Community College Academic Teams. Ranking on the All-State Community College Academic Teams is generally determined by the student’s score in the national competition.