Archive for October 3, 2013

Baruch College Hosts Experts to Examine the Politicial Polarization of Past U.S. Presidents and Their Administrations

October 3, 2013 | Baruch College

With the current U.S. government shutdown, comes many questions. On October 10, Baruch Colleges’ Weissman School of Arts and Sciences will host The 4th Annual Berkin-Friedman Forum titled, “Political Polarization: An Historical Perspective,” which will take a look back on some of the country’s past administrations that have tackled similar conflicts and important issues.

CUNY Law Hosts Eighteenth Annual CUNY Moot Court Summer Competition

October 3, 2013 | CUNY School of Law

On Saturday, September 21, 2013, CUNY Moot Court hosted the oral argument component of the Eighteenth Annual CUNY Law School Moot Court Summer Competition.

AAC&U News Feature Story on Guttman’s Innovative Model

October 3, 2013 | Guttman Community College

Read AAC&U News feature story about Guttman’s innovative educational model.  

Civil Discourse

October 3, 2013 | Borough of Manhattan Community College

This has been a busy year for Mykola Kyrychuk. This past spring he was named an Honoree of the Engineering Science department and graduated from BMCC with a 3.8 GPA. He is currently pursuing his Bachelors at Cornell on a Richard Dewar Scholarship. But those bare facts convey only one piece of a remarkable complex picture: At BMCC, he attended classes, worked summers as a research assistant, and mentored fellow students—all while working full-time.

Lifelong Learner

October 3, 2013 | Borough of Manhattan Community College

One might assume that an artist at the pinnacle of her profession would have little left to learn about her craft. But don’t make that assumption about legendary singer/songwriter/musician Roberta Flack.
“Those of us who have had the good fortune of being students of fundamental music, art and dance, continue to study and take lessons,” says Flack, who performed at BMCC’s Steinway Soiree on Sepember 25.
“I take a voice lesson every week and I intend to keep doing it until I can no longer find my way to the voice teacher’s studio.”