1st Annual Benefits Fair a Huge Success

October 31, 2013 | Medgar Evers College

Tuesday, October 29th, from 11:00am to 2:00pm, the Medgar Evers College Office of Human Resources hosted the 1st annual employee benefits fair for the College.  More than 200 employees visited the fair throughout the course of the day where they were able to speak with representatives from some of the country’s top insurance and financial planning firms.  Other participating vendors conducted free medical tests, provided free acupuncture sessions and offered samples of their products to employees who visited the fair.

“Our employees turned out in full force for this event and I’m so happy that they were able to take advantage of this opportunity,” stated Tanya Isaacs, Director of Human Resources for Medgar Evers College.  “My staff worked extremely hard putting all of the pieces together, so I’m glad everyone enjoyed it.  We’re already looking for ways to make next year’s fair even better,” she continued.

If you were unable to attend the benefits fair, click here for photos from the event.

About Medgar Evers College

Located in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, Medgar Evers College is a growing institution offering both Associate and Baccalaureate degrees.  The nearly 7,000-member student body is primarily comprised of those who are the first in their families to attend college.  A senior college within The City University of New York (CUNY) system, Medgar Evers College was established in 1970 with a mandate to meet the educational and social needs of the Central Brooklyn community.  With a commitment to students who desire a sound academic foundation as well as an opportunity for personal development, Medgar Evers College seeks to provide high-quality, professional, career-oriented undergraduate degree programs in the context of a liberal arts education.  For more information, visit www.mec.cuny.edu.