The Charles Evans Inniss Memorial Library, conveniently located in the Carroll Street Building, is pleased to sponsor a “Library Loaner Laptop” program. Starting, January 27, 2014, a limited quantity of laptop computers are available for students to check out on a three hour, three week or three month basis. All currently registered students in good standing are eligible to participate in the loaner laptop program.
Here’s how it works:
- Laptops are available in limited quantity on a first-come first-served basis. We encourage you arrive early if you want a machine.
- You may borrow a laptop at the Library’s Circulation Desk, currently located on the 4th floor of the Carroll Street Building. To do so, you must provide your current, valid College identification card.
- Borrowers must complete a loan agreement accepting responsibility for any loss or damage to the device. Cost of repair or replacement will be charged to that borrower.
- Laptop computers must be returned on their due date or you may be subject to fees, fines or registration blocks.
- Rentals for the three-hour loan period can only be used inside the library.
- Three-week and semester rentals maybe checked out as long as the student is in good academic and financial standing with MEC.
All systems and software are outside of warranty so you should report technical issues at once. You must also comply with MEC and CUNY policies regarding use of college-owned technology.
If you have any other questions please feel free to call 718-270-4873 or The Charles Evans Innis Memorial Library (x4880).