For all prospective nursing students, who are currently enrolled and interested in taking the National League of Nursing Exam (NLN), the dates to sign up are Monday, February 2, 2015 through Thursday, February 5, 2015.
If you are eligible, please visit the Academic Advisement Center (AAC) in 1637 Bedford Avenue, room 220 or call (718) 270-5170 for more information.
The National League for Nursing Pre-Admission Examination (NLN PAX) is a standardized entrance exam for nursing students.
To take the National League of Nursing Exam (NLN) for the Registered Nursing Program:
- Students must pass all CUNY Basic Skills in Reading, Writing, and Math.
- Students must have a “B‐” or better grade in all Science courses (CHM 105 & CHML 105, BIO/BIOL 150 & 151, or 251) and a “C” or better grade in (ENG 112, PSYC 101, and MTH 120/136).
- Students who have taken (Biology 152, 252, and 261) prior to the NLN exam, must have a “B‐” grade or better.
- Required Science courses should have been taken within the past five (5) years, no exceptions.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) must be 2.7 or higher.
- All Transfer Students must submit copies of all transcripts from previous Institution(s)/College(s).
- Students must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Valid F-1 International Student status.
Required documents (All documents must be copied and submitted at the time of application, no exceptions):
- One (1) passport-sized photograph.
- The examination fee of $55.00 in cash (Payable at the Bursar’s Office, Rm. S-308; a receipt of payment is required for application.)
- The exam fee is Non-Refundable. Therefore, students must meet with Mrs. Dulcie McPhatter-Clayton in the Academic Advisement Center to review their eligibility to take the exam.
- A copy of your Health Insurance Card, both sides of the card (Not Immunization Card).
Residency Documents (Students must provide a copy of one of the following):
- S. Citizenship (Naturalization Certificate, Valid U.S. Passport, Birth Certificate).
- Permanent Residency (Green Card).
- International Students Valid F-1 Status.
All students must be currently enrolled and their records must be activated. Applications will not be accepted after 6:00 PM Thursday, February 5, 2015. No exceptions.