The third annual Transfer Panel was held January 12. Current students had a unique opportunity to hear firsthand from Guttman alumni what is involved in applying, transferring, and adjusting to life at a senior college. The six alumni panelists included:
- Ife Akinseye- University of Buffalo/SUNY (Nursing)
- Reshma Jaigobin- Queens College/CUNY (Sociology)
- Alejandro Lopez- Pace University (Information Technology/Computer Science)
- Sofia Mexca Flores- New York University (Education Studies)
- Phebe Ojomoses- Syracuse University (International Relations)
- Kristina Quiles- New Paltz/SUNY (Digital Media Production)
Panelists were asked to speak about how Guttman had prepared them for their senior college experience, and what was different or new about their senior college experience. Students posed thoughtful questions to the panelists, such as “How did your credits transfer?” and “How are you paying for college now?” Panelists offered advice on the importance of applying for scholarships, being timely with self-advocacy at the outset, and taking advantage of Guttman’s focus on group work and presentations.
A reception after the panel enabled students to network with alumni and continue the discussion in an informal setting.