Fun activities, entertainment and a career and networking night among the free events
Baruch College is celebrating International Education Week (IEW) on Nov. 12-16. This week-long event is an opportunity to celebrate culture, diversity and all the benefits of international education and exchange across the world.
IEW is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences.
Baruch is hosting a wide range of campus events that include interactive activities such as trivia and workshops, information sessions, career nights, forums and panels, and various entertainment options. The College’s International Student Service Center is working with multiple campus departments, including the Office of the Dean of Students, the Confucius Institute for Global Finance at Baruch College, National and Prestigious Fellowship Advising, STARR Career Development Center, the International Student Organization, and Conversation Partners Program, to host these activities.
The majority of events are free and open to students, faculty, alumni, and the community of Baruch College. To RSVP for certain events and learn more about IEW, visit here.
Schedule: November 12 – 16
All Week Long:
- Contest! Instagram and Twitter Photo (Use hashtag: #BaruchIEW2018)
- Global Map Display: pin the map, show where you were born or where you are coming from, and take a trip around the world Baruch-style (NVC, 2nd floor lobby)
Monday, November 12:
- Opening Day Celebration (9:30-10:30 a.m.; and 4:30-5:30 p.m., NVC 2nd floor lobby)
- Say My Name: Pronouncing our Chinese and Chinese Heritage Students’ Names Workshops (12:30-1:30 p.m., Library Building, Room 763)
- Global Connections at The Residence Hall (7:00 p.m., 1760 3rd Avenue, New York, NY)
Tuesday, November 13:
- Global Fun Fair (12:30-2:15 p.m., NVC, 2nd floor lobby)
- Fulbright Fellowship International Exchange Programs – Information Session (1:00-2:00 p.m., NVC, Room 3-160)
- Career Night for Undergraduate international students and networking (5:30-7:30 p.m., NVC, Room 14-270)
Wednesday, November 14:
- Diplomatic Forum with the Ambassador of Kenya to the UN (12:30-2:15 p.m., NVC, Room 2-125
- Peace Corps Panel (12:30-2:00 p.m., NVC, Room 14-270)
- International Movie Night (6:00-9:00 p.m., NVC, Room 2-125)
Thursday, November 15:
- International Trivia and Dumpling Day (12:30-1:45 p.m., NVC, Room 14-250) $2 entry fee.
- Prepare Before You Go! A Workshop for International Students and Scholars (12:30-2:15 p.m., NVC, Room 8-155)
- Career Night for Graduate international students and networking (5:30-7:30 p.m., Library Building, Room 750)
Friday, November 16: off-campus
- Theater Outing: ‘Someone Who’ll Watch Over Me’ (7:00 p.m., Cherry Lane Theatre, 38 Commerce Street, New York, NY) $11 fee for theater ticket.
# # #