Baruch College has been ranked among the nation’s and New York State’s top schools in College Factual’s 2019 “Best Colleges for Veterans” list, which surveyed 1,820 schools for veteran friendliness.
At-a-Glance, Baruch is ranked:
- #208 nationally, placing the College among the top 15 percent of all four-year colleges and universities
- #14 out of 134 colleges in New York State, representing the top 10 percent
- #6 among all public schools in New York State
“Baruch College is proud to be recognized as one of the best schools for military veterans,” said Art King, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students at Baruch College. “Our institution is dedicated to providing the men and women who served our country with a quality education and all the necessary resources they need for academic and career success.”
According to King, Baruch College is focused on accessibility for veterans and providing a supportive community to pursue their educational and career objectives. Currently, the College serves 156 veterans and military family members as of fall 2018. Baruch offers an active Student Veterans of America chapter, exclusive networking and career-readiness events for veterans and military family members, and dedicated staff who work to ensure the success of student veterans at Baruch.
Baruch also ranked highly in several categories for veterans, including:
- #1 of 833 for business, management and marketing
- #2 of 625 for accounting
- #2 of 113 for business/managerial economics
- #2 of 392 for finance and financial management
- #3 of 57 for entrepreneurial studies
- #4 of 46 public administration
- #6 of 29 for real estate
- #9 of 84 for information science
College Factual said, “Colleges and universities must demonstrate quality outcomes and support dedicated to veterans in order to achieve recognition” on this ranking. The quality factors included in that help veterans “identify colleges that are likely to be supportive of them and their unique needs” include veteran affordability, veteran resources available at an institution, veteran population, veteran policy, veteran satisfaction, and overall college quality.
More information about the rankings methodology is available here.
# # #