)

William F. Aldinger Donates $2 Million to Endow the Aldinger Chair at Baruch

September 28, 2004 | Philanthropy at CUNY

William F. Aldinger III has pledged $2 million to endow The William F. Aldinger Chair in Banking and Finance at Baruch College.

“My hope is that the Aldinger Chair in Banking and Finance will enable a professor to inspire students with the challenge and excitement of emerging theories and methods in finance,” said Aldinger. “My professional life has been profoundly impacted by the excellent education I received at Baruch, and I want to make sure the same holds true for today’s students.”

Mr. Aldinger joined Household International as President and CEO in 1994 after serving in various senior capacities at Citibank and Wells Fargo. He went on to serve as Chairman and CEO when Household was purchased by HSBC, retiring from that position in 2005. In 2006 he was appointed President and CEO of Capmark Financial Group, Inc.

William Aldinger graduated in 1969 from Baruch College with a BBA and earned a JD degree from Brooklyn Law School in 1975. In 2004, he was honored as Outstanding Alumnus at the annual Bernard Baruch Dinner. Read more