Job Opening at Northjersey.com/Digital News Editor
The Digital News Editor will be responsible for the selection and presentation of breaking news and latest news stories that will appear on the home page of NorthJersey.com and — working with other editors and producers — developing stories and multimedia content for the website. Stories and multimedia content will come from various publications that are under the North Jersey Media Groupâ€™s umbrella, including two daily newspapers (The Record of Bergen County, NJ and the Herald News) and several weekly newspapers. The ability to work with various editors is a key requirement of the position.
The Digital News Editor will also oversee a staff of three assistant news editors and one breaking news reporter. Together, the digital news team will work closely with senior leaders of North Jersey Media Group in maintaining the website and growing the siteâ€™s audience.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
– Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
– Strong organizational skills
– Customer and market focused
– Results driven
– Ability to identify problems, develop solutions and implement an effective course of action
– Demonstrated success in leading and managing people
– Operational and strategic planning skills
– Team-building and people management skills
– Will be comfortable working under tight deadline pressure
– Will have high journalistic integrity and a keen sense of the news
– Will be flexible
– Minimum five years experience working in a supervisory or managerial role on a news website or news room.
– Multimedia skills are not mandatory, but are preferred.
Candidates should apply by Jan. 23 to Frank Burgos, managing editor, The Record, 150 River St., Hackensack, NJ 07601. Or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.