December 1, 2010
On September 23, 2010 CLORE hosted a panel at the offices of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates for a discussion of select cases from the Supreme Court’s 2009-2010 term and the impact on the Latino Community and Practitioners.
Panelists: Elba Galvan, Principal Court Attorney, Supreme Court, New York County; Shayana Kadidal, Center for Constitutional Rights; Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, Brennan Center; Manuel Vargas, Immigrant Defense Project; Prof. Jenny Rivera, CLORE, Moderator.
Presented by CUNY School of Law’s Center on Latino and Latina Rights and Equality (CLORE) along with The Hispanic National Bar Association NY Region and The Puerto Rican Bar Association.
Guantanamo & Security
- Free Enterprise Fund v. Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, 130 S. Ct. 3138 (2010)
- Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project, 130 S. Ct. 2705 (2010)
- Kiyemba v. Obama, 130 S. Ct. 1235 (2010)
- Samantar v. Yousef, 130 S. Ct. 2278 (2010)
- Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 130 S. Ct. 876 (2010)
- Doe v. Reed, , 130 S. Ct. 2811 (2010)
Criminal Law & Procedure
- Berghuis v. Thompkins, 130 S.Ct. 2250 (2010)
- Florida v. Powell, 130 S.Ct. 1195 (2010)
- Kansas v. Ventris, 129 S.Ct. 1841 (2009)
- Maryland v. Shatzer, 130 S.Ct. 1213 (2010)
- Montejo v. Louisiana, 129 S.Ct. 2079 (2009)
Immigration and Immigrant Defense