November 16, 2011
On Thursday, October 6, 2011, the Black Law Students Association (BLSA) invited a panel of judges and public interest lawyers to discuss with the CUNY Law community the NYC foster care system and its disproportionate effects on communities of color and low-income communities. The panel, moderated by Associate Professor Angela Burton, included:
- Laura Daly, Esq., Lawyers For Children;
- Hon. Bryanne A. Hamill, Manhattan Family Court, CUNY Law Board of Visitors;
- Hon. Clark V. Richardson, Manhattan Family Court;
- Hon. Gayle Roberts, Bronx Family Court;
- Muna Heaven, Esq., Administration For Children’s Services; and
- Michelle Burrell, Esq., Brooklyn Family Defense Project.
This event was co-sponsored by CUNY Law’s Latin American Law Students Association (LALSA), OUTLaws, and the Domestic Violence Coalition (DVC).
[youtube width="490" height="276"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCr2Be5q3EA[/youtube]