November 23, 2011
On Tuesday, November 1, the CUNY Law chapter of the Suspension Representation Project invited a panel of speakers to talk about the effect of zero tolerance discipline practices in New York City public schools.
The panel, “Suspended Opportunities,” was co-sponsored by the Dignity in Schools Campaign and included:
- Chima Agwu, Public High School Student & Peer Mediator
- Sarah Arvey, Special Ed Teacher, Dignity in Schools
- Matthew J. Delforte, Shebitz Berman Cohen & Delforte, P.C.
- Johanna Miller, New York Civil Liberties Union
- Susan Markus (Moderator), CUNY Law Legal Writing Center