November 23, 2011
On Tuesday, November 1, the CUNY Law chapter of the Suspension Representation Project invited a panel of speakers to talk about the effect of zero tolerance discipline practices in New York City public schools.
The panel, “Suspended Opportunities,” was co-sponsored by the Dignity in Schools Campaign and included:
- Chima Agwu, Public High School Student & Peer Mediator
- Sarah Arvey, Special Ed Teacher, Dignity in Schools
- Matthew J. Delforte, Shebitz Berman Cohen & Delforte, P.C.
- Johanna Miller, New York Civil Liberties Union
- Susan Markus (Moderator), CUNY Law Legal Writing Center
[youtube width=”356″ height=”211″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4cNUauhS0[/youtube]
Watch the full two-part panel above, on YouTube, or as a free download from iTunes U.