December 7, 2011
On Thursday, November 17, students invited a panel of speakers to educate the CUNY Law community on racial profiling. The panel, “Restoring Justice: Reflections on Racial Profiling in a Post 9/11 America,” was sponsored by MELSA and co-sponsored by BLSA, LALSA, NLG & IJI (Islamic Justice Initiative) and included:
- Imam Al-Hajj Talib Abdur-Rashid, Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood Inc.
- Noel Leader, Co-Founder, 100 Blacks in Law Enforcement
- Prof. Jenny Rivera, Center on Latino and Latina Rights and Equality (CLORE) at CUNY Law
- Linda Sarsour, Director, Arab American Association of New York
- Prof. Ramzi Kassem (Moderator), CUNY Law Immigrant & Refugee Rights Clinic
[youtube width=”356″ height=”211″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aOV1pPMqyY[/youtube]
Watch the full panel above, on YouTube, or as a free download from iTunes U.