September 17, 2013
Distinguished Professor Ruthann Robson has been featured recently in numerous stories and interviews focusing on the connection between the Constitution and our clothing.
Prof. Robson’s latest book, Dressing Constitutionally: Hierarchy, Sexuality, and Democracy From Our Hairstyles to Our Shoes, explores this connection and discusses how the intertwining of our clothes and our Constitution raise fundamental questions of hierarchy, sexuality, and democracy.
- Listen to Prof. Robson on Wisconsin Public Radio’s The Joy Cardin Show
- Read Prof. Robson’s interview with the fashion site Refinery29
- Listen to an interview with Prof. Robson on LA’s public radio station, KPCC’s AirTalk
- Read the Christian Science Monitor‘s article, “High School Dress Code: The Battle for Keeping Up Appearances”
- Read Al Jazeera America‘s article, “Fashion Police Are No Joke in Some Cities and Schools”