November 7, 2013 | News
The City University of New York is pleased to announce its new student health insurance program for the 2013-14 academic year. The selection of United Healthcare, the nation’s largest health insurer, was completed through a careful proposal evaluation process placing the needs of students as a top priority. Our new program meets or exceeds all of the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) including but not limited to:
• 100% coverage for ACA required preventive care services;
• a $1 million maximum benefit;
• no pre-existing condition exclusion;
• copayments for medical office visits, mental health care services, prescription drugs, and diagnostic X-ray and laboratory services;
• access to a 24-hour nurse and counseling telephone consultation;
• easy to find participating hospitals and health care providers;
• world-wide coverage, including medical evacuation benefits when traveling abroad or away from the New York area; and
• fully endorsed by CUNY for our international students.
Please read this brochure carefully for information regarding the exclusions and limitations, the deductible, coinsurance, and maximum annual out-of-pocket expense limitation.
At a monthly cost of $314.00 for student coverage, most of our students will find the scope of coverage and cost to be an outstanding value compared to coverage available on the forthcoming insurance exchanges, particularly for students who do not qualify for Medicaid or premium subsidies.
If you have questions, please call United Healthcare at 800-767-0700. Please note that you can enroll on line at www.UHCSR.com/CUNY during the open enrollment periods.
Frank D. Sanchez, Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs