December 8, 2010 | Jobs & Internships
Seedco/Workforce1 Career Center
Data Clerk/Receptionist: Front Desk Greeter/Data Entry Clerk
Type: Full-time Front Desk Greeter/Data Entry Clerk position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Education Requirement: High School Diploma or GED
Overview of position
Seedco is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Front Desk Greeter/Data Entry Clerk position at the Workforce1 Career Center located on West 125th Street. This position is responsible for being the initial face of the Center to all jobseekers and visitors, providing patrons with information regarding the Center and all services provided. The Front Desk Greeter/Data Entry Clerk is also responsible for supporting the Membership Team with data entry of jobseeker information into Worksource1. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with an interest in workforce development to provide excellent customer service to help make the Career Center a welcoming place of hope for all jobseekers.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs;
- Answer main Center telephone line, providing basic Center information to jobseekers and transferring interested parties to the appropriate staff member;
- Register jobseekers for Workshops and appointments with service staff;
- Dissemination of materials pertaining to the schedule (ie- calendars, flyers, etc) and other forms as needed;
- Administrative support related to the reception function as needed (ie.- management of sign in sheets, setting up desk materials, etc.);
- Data Entry of Customer Information Forms and Supplemental Information Forms into Worksource1 from Center Orientation and external advertised recruitment events;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Excellent Customer Service background and skills essential, including experience in reception/front desk work
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, performance based environment
- Ability to effectively interact and work with individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent computer skills and experience with database software
- Minimum typing speed of 35 WPM
Overview of Seedco, The Workforce1 Career Center
Seedco is a national community development operating intermediary which creates opportunities for low wage workers and their families by engaging with community partners and anchor institutions to develop, operate and learn from model programs that: help people join the workforce and achieve economic self-sufficiency, assist small businesses, and promote asset building for residents and businesses in economically distressed communities. For more information on Seedco, check out www.seedco.org.
Through a contract with the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) Seedco manages the Workforce1 Career Center in Upper Manhattan. The Workforce1 Career Center is a partnership of agencies and organizations working together to provide a full array of employment services including career advisement, job search counseling, skills training and job placement and retention services that are matched to the staffing needs of the business community.
How to apply
Seedco is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. Please forward resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org