December 8, 2010 | Jobs & Internships
Seedco/Workforce1 Career Center
Service Assessment Specialist: Intake Specialist
Type: Full-time Intake Specialist position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Education Requirement: Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s preferred
Overview of position
Seedco is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Intake Specialist position to assess and triage jobseekers to the appropriate Center and Community Partner Services at the Workforce1 Career Center located on West 125th Street. This position is responsible for being the initial customer facing entity at the Center through the facilitation of Orientation sessions and the assessment of all walk-in customers at the Center. In addition, the Intake Specialist will be responsible for determining job seeker eligibility for WIA programs, and assessing and directing jobseekers to appropriate service paths during their time at the center, and directing jobseekers to other services outside the center as necessary. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with interest and experience in workforce development to perform the integral interfacing function of orienting jobseekers in their initial visit to the Center to maximize other unit resources in delivering quality services to our jobseeker population.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the initial face of the Center for Unemployment Insurance Recipients and general Walk-In customers via the facilitation of Center Orientation sessions for job seekers;
- Complete an Individual Employment Plan for all walk-in jobseekers, thoroughly and efficiently assessing their readiness to work and their suitability for training and employment services at the Center;
- Referral jobseekers who are not job ready to the appropriate community partner organization for extensive case management services, work support services, GED and ESL classes;
- Complete data entry of Customer Information Forms and Supplementary Information Forms into the appropriate case management database system;
- Issue Membership Cards to all jobseekers upon completion of Initial Employment Plan;
- Review Center job orders and training target occupation qualifications to inform accurate referral of jobseekers to the appropriate Center service;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelors in relevant field strongly preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and type a minimum of 45 w.p.m.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred;
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, fast-paced, performance based environment;
- Ability to effectively interact and work with individuals with diverse backgrounds;
- Direct social service experience, providing eligibility and service assessment services to low-income communities preferred;
- Excellent computer skills and experience with database software
Overview of Seedco , The Workforce1 Career Center
Seedco is a national community development operating intermediary which creates opportunities for low wage workers and their families by engaging with community partners and anchor institutions to develop, operate and learn from model programs that: help people join the workforce and achieve economic self-sufficiency, assist small businesses, and promote asset building for residents and businesses in economically distressed communities. For more information on Seedco, check out www.seedco.org.
Through a contract with the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) Seedco manages the Workforce1 Career Center in Upper Manhattan. The Workforce1 Career Center is a partnership of agencies and organizations working together to provide a full array of employment services including career advisement, job search counseling, skills training and job placement and retention services that are matched to the staffing needs of the business community.
How to apply
Seedco is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. Please forward resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org