January 10, 2011 | Jobs & Internships
Position: Intake Specialist Job Code: [Job code] HR
Reports to: Membership Coordinator EEO: [EEO Category] HR
Location: Manhattan and the Bronx FLSA: Non Exempt
Program: Workforce 1 Pay grade: 6
The Intake Specialist assesses and triages jobseekers to the appropriate Center and Community Partner Services at the Workforce1 Career Center. This position is responsible for being the initial customer facing entity at the Center through the facilitation of Orientation sessions and the assessment of all walk-in customers at the Center. In addition, the Intake Specialist will be responsible for determining job seeker eligibility for WIA programs, and assessing and directing jobseekers to appropriate service paths during their time at the center, and directing jobseekers to other services outside the center as necessary. The Intake Specialist is a motivated self-starter with interest and experience in workforce development to perform the integral interfacing function of orienting jobseekers in their initial visit to the Center to maximize other unit resources in delivering quality services to our jobseeker population.
Primary Job Functions:
- Serve as the initial face of the Center for Unemployment Insurance Recipients and general Walk-In customers via the facilitation of Center Orientation sessions for job seekers;
- Complete an Individual Employment Plan for all walk-in jobseekers, thoroughly and efficiently assessing their readiness to work and their suitability for training and employment services at the Center;
- Refer jobseekers who are not job ready to the appropriate community partner organization for extensive case management services, work support services, GED and ESL classes;
- Complete data entry of Customer Information Forms and Supplementary Information Forms into the appropriate case management database system;
- Issue Membership Cards to all jobseekers upon completion of Initial Employment Plan;
- Review Center job orders and training target occupation qualifications to inform accurate referral of jobseekers to the appropriate Center service;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Reports: [list titles of all direct reports here]
Total staff: NONE [the number of direct reports]
- Interacts with: [list departments/positions with which this position works most closely, include any outside agencies, vendors and community partners]
Workforce 1 staff
Education and Related Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelors in relevant field strongly preferred;
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and type a minimum of 45 w.p.m;
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, fast-paced, performance based environment;
- Ability to effectively interact and work with individuals with diverse backgrounds;
- Direct social service experience, providing eligibility and service assessment services to low-income communities preferred;
- Excellent computer skills and experience with database software
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.