July 7, 2011 | Jobs & Internships
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously popular and highly visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalks every day. With a $50 million budget, over 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
The Doe Fund is currently seeking a high-energy, self motivated Case Manager to join our Veteran’s program. This position will be based out of our Porter Ave. Brooklyn, New York location.
- Manage a caseload.
- Coordinate access to services, benefits, and recovery-based supports.
- Assist clients with goal setting and self development.
- Conduct groups on various topics.
- Present information to prospective clients.
- Maintain current, accurate, complete and timely documentation of progress in individual client records.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Provide information to referral sources.
- Bachelor degree
- At least 3+ years of experience in Human Services/Case Management.
- CASAC preferred
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills require
- Working knowledge of MS, Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook