This narrated, Flash-animated tutorial was created by CUNY’s Office of Undergraduate Education for all potential and current students preparing to take the CUNY Assessment Test in Reading. The tutorial takes roughly 30 minutes to complete and contains advice and interactive activities.
Below is an outline of topics covered in this tutorial.
Introduction to the CUNY Assessment Test in Reading tutorial
Test Basics, where frequently asked questions are answered – such as, "How long will the test take me?"
Sample Passage, which explains the user interface for the test
- Common Types of Questions on the CUNY Assessment Test in Reading:
- Main idea questions
- Main purpose questions
- Vocabulary in context questions
- Fact questions
- Inference questions
Common Mistakes, such as avoiding familiar words in answer choices
There are five passages with sample questions and answers that are fully explained.
The tutorial also contains the following materials:
Click here for a printable summary of the tutorial.
- A printable summary of the tutorial
- A functional replica of the test interface
- Helpful links to college ACT and CUNY system resources