Minimum requirements to apply:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You have lived in the United States as a green card holder (permanent resident) for five years (or three years if married to and living with the same U.S. citizen, spouse).
What to bring to a Citizenship Now! event:
- Green card and all passports used in the last five years
- Home/school/employment history for the last five years (or three years if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Children’s information (date of birth, A#, addresses)
- Marital history (Information about your past spouses)
- Certified Court Disposition for every arrest or charge. A Certified Court Disposition is an official court document that shows the current status of a case or its final outcome.
- In New York make a request for a Certificate of disposition/MTA letter for any arrests, tickets, and citations. Click here for information about how to obtain certificates of disposition for each arrest before the event.
Applicants must pay a $725 filing fee to USCIS unless they qualify for a fee waiver. Please do not bring cash or money orders to the event.
*Fees listed as of December 2016. Check the USCIS Immigration Forms website for updated fees.