To Correct a Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship you should:

1. Complete Form N-565 Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document

  • Download the form from the USCIS website or call the toll-free forms request line at (800) 870-3676 to request that the form be mailed to you.
  • If the certificate is mutilated, check answer “b” in Part 2, Question 2. For lost, stolen or destroyed certificates, check answer “a” in Part 2, Question 2.
  • Under Part 2, Question 2 “Basis for Application,” explain the reason why the certificate was lost, stolen or destroyed.

2. If replacing a mutilated document, the original certificate must be submitted.

3. Include two passport-style photos, be sure to print name and Alien Registration (A) number on the back in pencil.

4. Include a check or money order for $555* payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

5. Mail the Application Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested

New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut residents must mail the completed form and documents to:

Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851182
Mesquite, Texas 75185-1882*

Residents of other states should see instructions on the Form N-565.

*Fees and mailing addresses listed as of December 2016. Check the USCIS Immigration Forms website for updated fees.