If you have a lost, stolen, destroyed, or mutilated (damaged) Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship and you want to replace it, you should:

  1. Complete Form N-565 Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document. (Download the form from the USCIS website or call the toll-free forms request line at (800) 870-3676 and request that the form be mailed to you.)
  2. Attach the incorrect or damaged document. If applying because of a name change, submit the original certificate and a copy of the marriage certificate or court order showing the name change.
  3. If the USCIS made a clerical error on the certificate, no fee is required. If the error was the applicant’s fault, or the applicant has legally changed his/her name, the fee of $555* must be paid.
  4. Mail the Application by Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested.
  5. New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut residents must mail the completed form and documents to:

Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851182
Mesquite, Texas 75185-1882*

Others should see instructions on the Form N-565.

*Fees and mailing addresses listed as of December 2016. Check the USCIS Immigration Forms website for most updated information.