Program applications for 2018-2019 will open in the spring.
Cultural Corps Academic Year Internship
Currently enrolled students at any CUNY college interested in gaining professional experience in the arts and culture sector will participate in a 24-week part-time work experience over their fall and spring semesters. Students will receive a wage of $13/hour and work 12 hours per week. Prior to starting at their site, students will complete a pre-program training and throughout the year will participate in a cultural enrichment and development series.
To be eligible for the Cultural Corps Academic Year Internship, students must:
- Be working towards a degree at a CUNY college (Community College, Senior College, or Graduate School)
- Be registered for at least 6 credits each semester in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.5
- Have earned at least 30 college credits by the end of summer 2017 (24 credits for community college students)
- Have addressed any remedial education needs prior to beginning Fall 2017 classes
- Be available to work part-time (12 hours/week) for a period of 24 weeks during the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters
- Have the proper work authorization required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Corps Member Application:
The corps member application for the 2017-2018 CUNY Cultural Corps Academic Year Internship is now closed.