Program applications for 2018-2019 will open in the spring.
Why partner with CUNY Cultural Corps?
- Highly qualified CUNY students who are vetted and trained by CUNY Cultural Corps staff
- Support of CUNY Cultural Corps Manager who is responsible for partner orientation and training as well as relationship development with point people at all participating institutions
- Integration into a University-wide infrastructure with robust systems in place for student development, partner support, and program operation
- Wages and payroll handled by CUNY Cultural Corps
- Commitment of hours of service from students/alumni: 315 hours (35 hours per week/9 weeks) for Summer Intensive participants; 288 hours (12 hours per week/24 weeks) for Academic Year Internship Participants.
Host sites are responsible for the following:
- Working with Cultural Corps staff to design student projects and submit job descriptions to CUNY Cultural Corps for respective application periods
- Participating in a Interview Fair and/or Matching Fair in order to meet CUNY Cultural Corps and identify viable candidates
- Hosting, training, and supervising a cohort of CUNY Cultural Corps for the program(s) you are applying to
- Designating on-site supervisor to approve biweekly timesheets for students
- Evaluating Corps members and communicate regularly with Cultural Corps staff
Eligibility requirements for Host Sites:
- Non-CIG institution (CIG designation is set by the Dept. of Cultural Affairs)
- 3 employees or more
- An annual budget over $350k
- Have summer public programming
- Must commit to hosting corps members for 9 weeks of full-time work (35 hours/week)
- A desire to utilize the Summer Intensive as a pipeline into further work at your institution should the placement be successful
Academic Year Internship
- Must commit to hosting corps members for 24 weeks of part-time work (12 hours/week) throughout the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters
- All potential partners must provide evidence of their being able to supervise an intern and provide a meaningful professional development experience for the intern
The host site application for the 2017 Cultural Corps Summer Intensive is now closed.
The host site application for the 2017-2018 Academic Year Internship is now closed.
To be notified when application open again, please sign up here.