The CUNY Cultural Corps is a workforce development program funded in partnership with The NYC Department of Cultural Affairs and The Rockefeller Foundation. This program combines internship placements at NYC cultural institutions with professional development and cultural enrichment opportunities for current CUNY students and recently graduated alumni.
WHY PARTNER WITH CUNY CULTURAL CORPS?
- Highly qualified CUNY students and alumni who are vetted and trained by CUNY Cultural Corps staff
- Support of CUNY Cultural Corps staff who are responsible for partner orientation and training as well as relationship development with point people at all participating institutions
- Integration into a University-wide infrastructure with robust systems in place for student development, partner support, and program operation
- Wages and payroll handled by CUNY Cultural Corps
- Commitment of hours of work from students/alumni: 315 hours (35 hours per week/9 weeks) for Summer Intensive participants; 252 hours (12 hours per week/21 weeks) for Academic Year Internship Participants.
Host sites are responsible for:
- Working with Cultural Corps staff to design placements and submit job descriptions to CUNY Cultural Corps for respective application periods
- Participating in a Interview/Matching Fair in order to identify CUNY Cultural Corps’ viable candidates
- Hosting, training, and supervising a cohort of CUNY Cultural Corps for the program(s) you are applying to
- Designating on-site supervisor to approve biweekly timesheets for students
- Evaluating Corps members and communicate regularly with Cultural Corps staff
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR HOST SITES:
- Institution not a part of the Cultural Institutions Group (CIG)
- At least 10 full-time employees or more
- An annual budget of $1,000,000 or more
- Currently offer full-time and part-time paid positions
- Have summer public programming
- Must commit to hosting corps members for 9 weeks of full-time work (35 hours/week)
- A strong desire to utilize the Summer Intensive as a pipeline into further work (part-time/full-time jobs) at your institution should the placement be successful
Academic Year Internship
- Cultural Institutions Group (CIG) or Non-CIG institution
- Must commit to hosting corps members for 21 weeks of part-time work (12 hours/week) throughout the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters
- All potential partners must provide evidence of their being able to supervise each intern and provide a meaningful professional development experience for the intern
More questions? Check out our > FAQ and/or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted online and can be accessed from our website at www.cuny.edu/culturalcorps.
The host site application for the 2018 Cultural Corps Summer Intensive is now closed.
The host site application for the 2018-2019 Academic Year Internship now closed.