Cultural Corps Summer Intensive
Recent alumni of CUNY with expressed interest in pursuing a career in the arts and culture sector will participate in a 9-week full-time work experience during the summer. Alumni will receive a wage of $13/hour and work 35 hours per week. Prior to engaging with their host sites, alumni will undergo intensive training in key areas of professional development. Periodically, alumni may attend cultural events hosted by partners and affiliated programs. Pending job availability and participant success, CUNY will work with the host site to explore the possibility of extending participant engagement with the site after program completion.
To be eligible for the CUNY Cultural Corps Summer Intensive, alumni must:
- Be an alum of any CUNY 0-2 years out (must have degree by end of Spring 2017, and have obtained degree no earlier than Spring 2015)*
- Have graduated with a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.75
- Have completed at least 1 year of full-time work experience or 2 years of part-time experience/internship experience(s)
- Be available to work full-time (35 hours/week) for a period of at least 9 weeks starting in June 2017
- Have the proper work authorization required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
*NOTE: Alumni who attend a non-CUNY institution during the time since graduating CUNY are still eligible to apply, though preference will be given to recent graduates of CUNY.
Corps Member Application:
The corps member application for the CUNY Cultural Corps Summer Intensive has now closed. The deadline was January 22, 2017.