The University Faculty Senate usually has a fall and spring conference. Many of the topics revolve around important issues in higher education, shared governance, or contemporary issues that affect faculty as a whole. These conferences are also unique opportunities for faculty to hear from scholars and administrators outside of the CUNY system and to share ideas.
This UFS conference engages perennial and temporal themes in American higher education: curriculum development and modifications, the fiscal administration and organization of higher education, and the vicissitudes associated with doctoral education and research.
Panelists will examine how these and other trends will affect the current and future professoriate in terms of their research, teaching and service in an increasingly diverse workplace.
For more information please click on the link above.
Past UFS Conferences
- Higher Education in the Prisons – Spring 2011
- Pathways: We Do Have A Choice – Fall 2012
- CUNY Budget Explained – Spring 2013
- The Future of Doctoral Education at CUNY – Fall 2013
- Online Education: What We Know and What We Need to Ask – Fall 2014
- Supporting Academic Success Through NYC’s Education System K – 16 – Fall 2015
- Shared Governance: Structures and Best Practices – Spring 2017
For information on past conferences please email or phone the UFS Office, 646-664-9035.