The Innovation Challenge is a program dedicated to teaching students which utilizes the LeanLaunchpad methodology to conduct customer discovery interviews. The goal is to provide students with real world, hands-on learning experiences and to successfully transfer their knowledge into creating products and services that benefits society. This program also teaches students how to conduct Customer Discovery interviews and how to present their findings in a professional manner.
Throughout the program, students are expected to brainstorm challenges for various topics, which includes Biological & Chemical Sciences, Energy & Clean Tech, FinTech, Health & Wellness, Food Science & Nutrition, Education, Social Entrepreneurship, Math & Computer Science, Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, etc.), Art, Design & Fashion, Environment & Sustainability , Tourism & Hospitality, and Robotics and Internet of Things (IoT). They will use their challenges to create a feasible product and try to understand the market that they are trying to attract. Thus, furthering their understanding of entrepreneurship.
We are planning program details for Fall 2018. Stay tuned! Please email email@example.com to stay connected.
- Workshop #1 – April 13, 2018, 1:30 – 3:30 PM
- Workshop #2 – April 20, 2018, 1:30 – 3:30 PM
- Workshop #3 – April 27, 2018, 1:30 – 3:30 PM
- Final Presentations – May 11, 2018, CUNY School of Journalism
All workshops will take place at the CUNY Graduate Center (365 5th Ave) and CUNY Central Office (555 West 57th Street)
- Must be a current CUNY undergraduate attending a senior college or community college
- Students must be able to dedicate 5-10 hours a week for the program; including time for 3 workshops and completing at least 15 customer interviews by the final event.