Within 60 days of your start date you must complete several training programs that are mandatory for all employees of The City University of New York. Links to the online training are below.
IT SECURITY TRAINING
Why is IT Security important at CUNY?
- We are required by law to protect the privacy of personal data belonging to our faculty, staff and students.
- We must ensure that our academic and administrative systems continue to be available to run the business of the University and to serve our faculty, students, and staff.
- We must maintain accurate University data and prevent unauthorized changes.
To take the program:
- Visit http://www.enterprisetraining.com/cunycourse.htm
- Enter your full name
- Enter your campus email address
- For CODE Select “None”
- Select your role at CUNY
- Select CUNY HR
WORKPLACE VIOLENCE PREVENTION TRAINING
In compliance with New York State law and The City University of New York Campus and Workplace Violence Prevention Policy, all CUNY employees are required to complete training in workplace violence awareness and prevention at least once every year. New employees at CUNY are required to complete this training within 60 days of their first day of work.
This training is available to employees via CUNY Blackboard. New employees are registered for the course within 60 days of their first day of work and will receive a notice from their Human Resources Office with instructions for accessing the course.
After receiving notice that they are registered, employees may access CUNY Blackboard at any time to begin the course. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting. Employees can exit the course without completing it and then return to the place where they left off when they re-open the course.
Your campus may also offer in-person classroom training in lieu of, or in addition to online training. If you have questions about online or classroom workplace violence prevention training, please contact your Campus HR Office.
If you have questions about the content of this online training program, email your campus WVP Training Administrator or CUNY’s Office of Human Resources Management at ViolencePrevention.Training@cuny.edu