AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC) is a full-time, teambased residential service program for young adults who want to give back to communities in need at different locations across the country.
For 10 months, participants work on 4-6 projects such as: engaging youth; building and rehabilitating homes for families in need; cleaning up parks, streams, trails, and shorelines; fighting and preventing wildfires; and helping communities recover from disasters. Particpants are assigned to one of five campuses across the country.
• The opportunity to travel across the country
• Valuable skills to enhance your resume—such as leadership and team building
• CPR, first aid, and disaster response training
• Room, board, healthcare, uniform, and equipment
• A living allowance of about $4,000
• The ability to defer qualified student loans
• A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,550 to help pay for college, graduate school, or pay back qualified student loans
• The satisfaction of helping communities and making our country a better place
Visit www.NationalService.gov to learn more or apply.