The price of study abroad programs is based on the tuition costs for the number of credits you are taking. Added to this are charges for airfare, accommodations, field trips, international travel insurance and other fees.

The federal government offers financial aid that may be applied to study abroad. Scholarships administered by CUNY as well as other external opportunities are available. Consult your home college financial aid office to find out whether you qualify for financial aid or scholarships for students at your home college.

Finanical aid may be used for education abroad. Both direct costs (tuition, room and board) and indirect costs (books, fees, airfare, departure taxes, estimated ground transportation costs, and personal spending) of a study abroad program are included to calculate a student’s financial aid package. Once the amount of need and the student’s own contribution is determined, some students may receive federal grants or loans equal to or even greater than they receive while studying at their home institutions. Visit the Financial Matters section for more detailed information.



National and Local Scholarships

CUNY students are eligible for a range of national and National and local scholarships are available to CUNY students interested in study abroad or internships. Start your scholarship search here.

Volunteer as a CUNY Global Ambassador

Did you have a life-changing experience abroad and want to encourage other CUNY students to do the same? Complete this survey and we’ll be in touch with ways you can give back.

Search Programs
All Programs