This summer, WiTNY will be offering exciting multiple two-week programs for current CUNY students and rising CUNY freshmen interested in learning more about how to participate in the digital world.
The curriculum is focused on digital product development and design through the lens of a real business challenge. Students will learn and use design thinking techniques to work through the product development life cycle – from conducting user interviews, to brainstorming and building prototypes, to learning basic code. Along the way, students will also get the chance to build alongside professional developers, work with women who are currently in tech, and participate in panels and discussions designed to give a more holistic view of what a career in tech can look like. Students do not need any background or prior courses in technology or computer science to participate – just an interest in learning more about tech!
- Sessions run every two weeks from June 19 – August 18 *there will be no session the week of July 3rd
- Students receive a $400 stipend for completing the program
- Held at a tech company in Manhattan
- Students receive an MTA card
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are included
- WiTNY SWAG
- Real-world experience of being a woman in tech!
Applications will open in Spring 2018.
Career Access Program
The WiTNY Career Access Program is designed to help CUNY women in tech develop valuable industry-specific career skills so they can put their best professional foot forward to land internships and begin careers within New York City’s Tech Sector.
The program consists of workshops such as building an effective technical resume, how to ace a technical interview, and successfully networking in the tech sector. It also provides one-on-one career coaching and opportunities to build a community of emerging professional women in the tech industry.
In addition, the women in the Career Access program receive support throughout their internships and career application processes, and preferred access to top tech internship opportunities with WiTNY partners such as AOL, Citibank, IBM, Meetup, Squarespace, and more!
To be eligible for the Fall semester program, you must meet the following criteria:
*Applications for the Fall 2017 cohort are now closed. Applications for the Fall 2018 cohort will open in Spring 2018.
- Currently enrolled CUNY student majoring in Computer Science or Tech related area
- Graduation date between December 2018 and June 2020
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Previous coding experience and/or coursework
- Must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.
You must upload a resume to submit the application. Please include links to your coding projects when requested.