For the Academic Year 2018 – 2019, the WiTNY Scholarship Program will offer up to $3,000 in scholarships per year ONLY for those students who are already WiTNY Scholarship recipients. Each 2017 – 2018 Scholarship recipient must re-apply for consideration.
** All Scholarship Awards are Dependent on Financial Need **
How Do I Re-Apply?
Re-applications for the 2018 – 2019 academic year will open on Friday, March 23, 2018 and will close on Friday, April 27, 2018.
Qualifications For Re-Applying
- You are a 2017 – 2018 WiTNY Scholarship recipient
- You are a US citizen or eligible non-citizen, including U.S. permanent resident or international student on F1 visa
What Majors or Minors Are Eligible?
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Technology
- Computer Information Systems
- Engineering, including Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mathematics, including Applied and Computational
- Multimedia Computing
- Statistics, including Quantitative Modeling
- Technology, including Computer Engineering Technology
Don’t see your major or minor? Ask us!
What else is required?
As a WiTNY Scholar we expect:
- You will remain a CUNY student in good standing, making progress towards graduation in your designated technology field of study.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA, and share your transcript with the WiTNY program office at the end of each semester.
- Participate in four (4) community service events, two (2) during the Fall Semester and two (2) during the Spring Semester that are associated with encouraging young women to pursue education in technology. At least two (2) of these events should be on your college campus where you will serve as an Ambassador for the WiTNY Program. The purpose of these events is to inform and encourage other students to participate in WiTNY programming.
- Attend events sponsored by WiTNY through the year such as Java Talk and Distinguished Conversation Lectures.
- Participate in surveys throughout the year to collect data about your experiences as a tech student in order to help future generations of young women.