Thank you for working to ensure access to global learning opportunities for CUNY students! This page includes resources for study abroad staff who work to make these opportunities possible. If programs are run by an academic department, reporting may be done by either the department or by an international education liaison on your campus.
Study abroad offices and academic departments should use the following templates when submitting data to CUNY Central:
The Participant and Program Dates spreadsheets need to be completed for each round of students going abroad. The Program spreadsheet needs to be completed when program information needs to be updated (e.g. emergency contact information) or when a program is added.
Tips for Filling Out the Templates:
- Please note that the templates are frequently updated, and start the reporting process each time by downloading the most current versions from this website.
- Remember that you do not fill in the columns whose headings include “(RM)” unless the traveler is not participating in a program described on the program and program dates templates.
- Travelers (students, staff or faculty) whose travel counts as “CUNY sponsored” according to CUNY’s International Travel Guidelines must also be registered. This may include international travel outside of a program, e.g. conference travel, research abroad, etc. These travelers should only be entered in the Participant Template, but their location(s) and itinerary must be described in the columns whose headings include (RM). If their itinerary has more than one location, register each location as a separate trip (on a new row). The dates may overlap on travel days.
- Participant spreadsheets should also include information on traveling staff or faculty (please indicate “staff” or “faculty” in the Notes column).
- Please use the pop-up tips and validation fields; it’s important to enter them in the requested format (e.g. Queens instead of Queens College, 01/01/2014 instead of 14Jan14, etc.), or they can’t be uploaded.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who needs to be registered? Anyone whose international travel is connected to CUNY. In addition to students, staff and faculty traveling on CUNY programs, anyone traveling with CUNY funding (e.g. with SIROCS funding to do an independently organized internship, doing research abroad with a CUNY professor, etc.) must be registered. If in doubt, please ask.
- Are Study Abroad Officers responsible for reporting international travel by student clubs? No, this will be handled by student affairs staff and student club officers. They should inform you about pending trips, but reporting on them is their responsibility. Questions from Student Affairs colleagues about registering international travel can be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org and to
- Do I need to convert the file before sending it? No, please submit it as an email attachment to Kim Holland in the same format you downloaded.